Barney is a Partner in Bermans Corporate team and joined in 2020.
Prior to becoming a solicitor he worked for an international domestic bank. He has a degree in Business Studies and qualified as a solicitor in 1996.
He has over 20 years of corporate law experience and acts for a variety of international and domestic business in several sectors including retail, software, online, professional services firms, finance and investment funds.
His work includes acquiring and disposing of businesses from £500k to £120M, venture capital and private equity work, shareholder and partnership disputes, development of businesses prior to disposal in addition to the general commercial work that working with long established clients brings.
His recent work/transactions includes:-
- Partial disposal of a crane company based in Merseyside with an option for the sale of the remaining shareholding
- MBO of an English stove manufacturer based in Exeter
- Shareholders dispute of an £80M turnover employment company
- Acquisition of a taxi company in the NorthWest
- Private equity investment into an online magazine company
- Disposal of a highways infrastructure company to a listed buyer
In his spare time he has an interest in Art and he is trustee of Castlefield Art Gallery which has for over 20 years assisted in the development of northern artists.
T: 0161 827 4600