New Vacancy – Property Post-Completions Assistant
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Property Post-Completions Assistant to join our Property team. The existing team is friendly, hard-working and welcoming and we are seeking a like-minded individual to join us.
Start date: Immediate
Location: Liverpool city-centre office
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 09.00 – 17:30 Monday to Thursday 09:00 – 17:00 Friday
This role will entail having responsibility for a wide range of files (including but not limited to commercial, residential, leasehold and/or new-build properties) from the date of completion, by dealing with all post-completion tasks required up and until the file is closed. Duties will include:
- Filing SDLT returns at HM Revenue and Customs via Infotrack;
- Drafting and submitting applications to the Land Registry and Companies House;
- Proactively monitoring the progress of these applications and keeping abreast of all applicable deadlines;
- Responding promptly to requests for updates and information from Land Registry;
- Making payments and drafting documentation relating to Freeholder and Management Company notices and requirements and implementing indemnity insurance policies;
- Preparing completion statements;
- Making calls to and receiving calls from other solicitors and third parties involved in the transaction as necessary to deal with requisitions or post-completion tasks; and
- Generally supporting and assisting a busy team.
Skills and experience required:
- Excellent use of the Land Registry and Companies House portals, knowledge and use of Infotrack and Proclaim is also preferred.
- At least 12 months’ previous experience of the key duties.
- Confidence in prompting and/or seeking input from the supervising solicitors as needed to fulfil the key duties.
- Demonstrable experience in working diligently towards deadlines.
- Excellent organisation, time-management and communication skills.
- A personable, hard-working nature and confidence in dealing with third parties.
An awareness of confidentiality to be always maintained.
Salary and benefits:
- A competitive basic salary;
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays);
- A referral bonus;
- Medicash entitlement;
- Pension plan; and
- Death in service.
How to apply:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org