Litigation can often arise when an individual is in financial distress. We regularly advise clients on disputes in these circumstances including:
- Creditors who are owed money by individuals and are considering the best methods to recover this;
- Creditors where a significant debtor has entered a formal insolvency process or their next steps;
- Insolvency practitioners (IPs) in respect of failed or challenged IVAs that they are managing;
- IPs on litigation arising out of an individual’s bankruptcy;
- Other stakeholders who may be affected by an individual entering into a formal insolvency process, for example a person alleged to have acquired assets at an undervalue.
Our experienced team has dealt with a large number of litigation cases over many years ranging from large, complex, high value claims to more routine repossession and asset recovery claims.
We offer practical and commercial advice in addition to our expert knowledge of the law. We appreciate that time is of the essence in insolvency litigation as assets may need to be recovered or secured before they are put beyond the reach of the claimant.
We are happy to provide initial advice as to the realistic prospects of any litigation that you may be considering. Please get in touch.