Rohini joined Bermans in October 2019 having qualified as a Solicitor in 2019 after completing her Training Contract at a large regional firm based in Manchester focusing on providing corporate support to all sizes of businesses.
Rohini has experience in a range of corporate matters including mergers and acquisitions, private equity, restructures and demergers and corporate governance.
Outside of work Rohini enjoys hot yoga, wine and films.
T: 0161 393 7116
Kate joined Bermans in October 2019 and is currently a trainee solicitor in the litigation department.
Before joining Bermans, she studied law and French law at Sheffield university, before going on to work as a paralegal at a large national firm and then at an international firm for two years. During this time, she worked in the corporate department where she spent time drafting and negotiating non-disclosure agreements for large debt equity firms.
During her time in the litigation team, Kate will be working with a number of medium to large companies and will have involvement with mediations, hearings, breach of contract disputes, partnership disputes, shareholder disputes, professional negligence claims and drafting court documents.
Outside of work, Kate enjoys working out, skiing, cooking, going out for drinks with friends and binge-watching Netflix.
T: 0161 827 4614
Jonathan is currently a trainee solicitor in the Corporate department.
Jonathan graduated from the University of Manchester in September 2017 receiving a first class honours degree in Law with Politics.
He then undertook a LPC and Masters at the University of Law in Birmingham where he obtained a distinction.
Whilst at University, he took part in providing pro bono legal advice to members of the public through the University’s Street Law project. He also took part in mooting and advocacy competitions.
Prior to Bermans, Jonathan worked at a high street law firm in London dealing mainly with family, property and litigation matters.
He then moved to a larger firm in Cardiff, dealing with clinical negligence and personal injury claims, focusing on Occupiers and Employers liability cases and occasionally working on complex and sometimes high value claims.
Outside of work, Jonathan is Liverpool Football Club supporter.
T: 0151 224 0502
Following the Grenfell tragedy and the recent student accommodation fire in Bolton, the pressure is on for Universities to ensure that their whole estate is “fully fire safe”.
This doesn’t just require an extensive review of University owned and managed premises, but also a review of accommodation, teaching space and research facilities owned or operated by private providers and partners.
North west commercial law firm Bermans has recently strengthened their employment law offering with a new expanded team, welcoming four new solicitors to the department throughout 2019 so far.
The firm, which has offices in Liverpool and Manchester, put plans in place to expand their employment team to cope with increasing work loads during the previous financial year.
Although invoice finance remains by and large unregulated by Government, there is little doubt that the pace of regulation marches on and recently concerns have been expressed by some in the invoice finance industry that invoice financiers may be at risk of committing offences under the Criminal Finances Act 2017, for example where clients are suspected of building up substantial VAT/PAYE/Corporation Tax arrears.
In our Briefing 12 months ago we reported on the August 2018 Consultation paper issued by the Law Commission on the law relating to the electronic execution of documents, which suggested that the Law Commission was sympathetic to moves to allow all contracts and other documents to be completed electronically, particularly in the commercial context.
The main purpose of the role is to assist the firms Business Development Manager in the delivery of a marketing and business development function for the firm. A key part of the role will focus on the firms digital platform and will include management of the firms events, website, communications and social media output.
Start date: January 2020
Type: Fixed term contract (12 months approximately)
- Assisting with the writing, design and production of a wide range of marketing communications (e.g. newsletters and e-shots)
- Manage firms social media pages (e.g. interacting with internal & external stakeholders to increase followers and coordinate and managing content to increase exposure)
- Assist the set-up of an e-marketing programme which builds a database to support the business plan
- Responsibility for the firm’s website
- Analyse digital performance using appropriate metrics and report communications activity
- Management of the firm’s events, including booking venues and using EventBrite, MailChimp and SurveyMonkey software
- Co-ordinating and assisting fee earners in providing interesting written copy for use on the firm’s website and social media
- Maintaining and updating information on the firms documentation and databases, including Forum the firms Practice Management System
- Co-ordination of the firms PR output
- Creating brochures, flyers and other literature
Degree in Marketing/Communications/PR or a combination thereof.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to communicate at Partner/Business owner level
- Ability to work through an action list unsupervised
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (training will be provided)
- Desktop publishing skills, e.g. InDesign
- Understanding of Word Press (training will be provided)
- Knowledge of Social Media (Twitter and LinkedIn)
Please send your CV and covering letter to:
Start date: Immediate
Location: Liverpool office
Hours: Full time
- Managing and distributing all incoming and outgoing post, DX and courier
- Photocopying, faxing, binding and filing all documents and emails
- Ensuring all filing is put away and kept on top of through the day
- Booking of meeting rooms and arranging refreshments as and when required
- Depositing cheques at the bank
- Open and closing of files
- Weekly stationery inventories to ensure all stock is up to date
- Emptying the shredding bins and arranging for them to be collected
- Providing admin support to secretarial team/fee earners as and when
- Archiving tasks
Must have a clean driving licence.
Please send your CV and covering letter to:
In April 2020, new rules are to be introduced to the private sector to widen the scope of Income Tax and National Insurance deductions from Contractors.
If you are a business who engages contractors then you could be affected by the change and will then need to prepare for it.
- Do you rely on “self employed” contractors as part of your business model?
- Are you aware of the changes to the IR35 tax rules which come into place in April 2020?
- Do you know what to do to prepare for the rule change?
- Do you want to find out more?
Bermans have arranged a seminar to discuss the above and the effects the tax rule change could have on your business.
Our speakers are experts in their fields and will be able to share with you practical guidance and case examples of the tax rule change, along with best practices in preparing for it.
Date: Wednesday 4th December 2019
Location: Exchange Station, Tithebarn Street, Liverpool, L2 2QP
If you are interested in attending, please email Emma Bartram – email@example.com
Click here to read about the forthcoming changes and how IR35 could affect your business.