Rohini joined Bermans in October 2019 having qualified as a Solicitor in 2019 after completing her Training Contract at a large regional firm based in Manchester focusing on providing corporate support to all sizes of businesses.
Rohini has experience in a range of corporate matters including mergers and acquisitions, private equity, restructures and demergers and corporate governance.
Outside of work Rohini enjoys hot yoga, wine and films.
T: 0161 393 7116
Kate joined Bermans in October 2019 and is currently a trainee solicitor in the Insolvency and Financial Rescue department.
Before joining Bermans, she studied law and French law at Sheffield university, before going on to work as a paralegal at a large national firm and then at an international firm for two years. During this time, she worked in the corporate department where she spent time drafting and negotiating non-disclosure agreements for large debt equity firms.
During her time in the litigation team, Kate will be working with a number of medium to large companies and will have involvement with mediations, hearings, breach of contract disputes, partnership disputes, shareholder disputes, professional negligence claims and drafting court documents.
Outside of work, Kate enjoys working out, skiing, cooking, going out for drinks with friends and binge-watching Netflix.
T: 0161 827 4614
Jonathan is currently a trainee solicitor in the Property department.
Jonathan graduated from the University of Manchester in September 2017 receiving a first class honours degree in Law with Politics.
He then undertook a LPC and Masters at the University of Law in Birmingham where he obtained a distinction.
Whilst at University, he took part in providing pro bono legal advice to members of the public through the University’s Street Law project. He also took part in mooting and advocacy competitions.
Prior to Bermans, Jonathan worked at a high street law firm in London dealing mainly with family, property and litigation matters.
He then moved to a larger firm in Cardiff, dealing with clinical negligence and personal injury claims, focusing on Occupiers and Employers liability cases and occasionally working on complex and sometimes high value claims.
Outside of work, Jonathan is Liverpool Football Club supporter.
T: 0151 224 0502
The main purpose of the role is to assist the firms Business Development Manager in the delivery of a marketing and business development function for the firm. A key part of the role will focus on the firms digital platform and will include management of the firms events, website, communications and social media output.
Start date: January 2020
Type: Fixed term contract (12 months approximately)
- Assisting with the writing, design and production of a wide range of marketing communications (e.g. newsletters and e-shots)
- Manage firms social media pages (e.g. interacting with internal & external stakeholders to increase followers and coordinate and managing content to increase exposure)
- Assist the set-up of an e-marketing programme which builds a database to support the business plan
- Responsibility for the firm’s website
- Analyse digital performance using appropriate metrics and report communications activity
- Management of the firm’s events, including booking venues and using EventBrite, MailChimp and SurveyMonkey software
- Co-ordinating and assisting fee earners in providing interesting written copy for use on the firm’s website and social media
- Maintaining and updating information on the firms documentation and databases, including Forum the firms Practice Management System
- Co-ordination of the firms PR output
- Creating brochures, flyers and other literature
Degree in Marketing/Communications/PR or a combination thereof.
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to communicate at Partner/Business owner level
- Ability to work through an action list unsupervised
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint (training will be provided)
- Desktop publishing skills, e.g. InDesign
- Understanding of Word Press (training will be provided)
- Knowledge of Social Media (Twitter and LinkedIn)
Please send your CV and covering letter to:
Start date: Immediate
Location: Liverpool office
Hours: Full time
- Managing and distributing all incoming and outgoing post, DX and courier
- Photocopying, faxing, binding and filing all documents and emails
- Ensuring all filing is put away and kept on top of through the day
- Booking of meeting rooms and arranging refreshments as and when required
- Depositing cheques at the bank
- Open and closing of files
- Weekly stationery inventories to ensure all stock is up to date
- Emptying the shredding bins and arranging for them to be collected
- Providing admin support to secretarial team/fee earners as and when
- Archiving tasks
Must have a clean driving licence.
Please send your CV and covering letter to:
In April 2020, new rules are to be introduced to the private sector to widen the scope of Income Tax and National Insurance deductions from Contractors.
If you are a business who engages contractors then you could be affected by the change and will then need to prepare for it.
- Do you rely on “self employed” contractors as part of your business model?
- Are you aware of the changes to the IR35 tax rules which come into place in April 2020?
- Do you know what to do to prepare for the rule change?
- Do you want to find out more?
Bermans have arranged a seminar to discuss the above and the effects the tax rule change could have on your business.
Our speakers are experts in their fields and will be able to share with you practical guidance and case examples of the tax rule change, along with best practices in preparing for it.
Date: Wednesday 4th December 2019
Location: Exchange Station, Tithebarn Street, Liverpool, L2 2QP
If you are interested in attending, please email Emma Bartram – email@example.com
Click here to read about the forthcoming changes and how IR35 could affect your business.
Article by Guy Kilty, Founder of Dap Dip podcast production and experienced journalist, broadcaster & podcaster.
As you may have heard, podcasts are booming.
The number of people in the UK listening to them every week has doubled to six million over the last five years, and it’s not going to stop there.
Globally, listener numbers are forecast to grow more than six-fold over the next four years to more than 1.8 billion, on top of all that, the rise in popularity of branded podcasts – those that are backed by companies – has been marked.
Stephen Chalcraft, Phil Farrelly & Rob Maddocks (L-R)
Bermans have recently appointed two new recruits in their employment and property departments in line with plans to build on their presence in these areas in Manchester.
Sophie qualified as a Solicitor in September 2019 and joined Bermans upon qualification as a Solicitor in the Employment team.
She previously worked at a National firm and more recently a Regional firm where she trained as a Solicitor.
Sophie obtained her law degree from Lancaster University before going on to complete her LPC at BPP in Liverpool.
During her training Sophie was involved in both contentious and non-contentious employment work including guiding employers through disciplinary process, absence management procedures and redundancy situations. Sophie was also involved in providing in house employment law training to senior management teams.
Sophie prides herself on offering pragmatic and commercial advice to her clients.
Tel: 0151 224 0546
Stephen joined Bermans in August 2019 as a partner in the property team.
He has a wealth of knowledge, having qualified as a solicitor in 1990 and with over 20 years of experience dealing with a wide range of commercial property matters, with specific expertise in complex commercial development and regeneration projects.
Stephen, who is based at our Manchester and Liverpool offices, works with a range of clients including commercial developers, investors, landlords and tenants, housing associations, local authorities and universities.
Stephen was chair of Pro Manchester’s regeneration and property group for over 12 years and is now a member of the Greater Manchester Chamber’s property and regeneration steering committee.
He is also on the main board of the North & Western Lancashire Chamber of Commerce, and is an honorary Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
Tel: 0161 393 7120